Sunday, April 8, 2012

postheadericon On Blogging

So I was thinking last night and I began to feel like people are taking my blog a little too seriously. Ok, so you all know I have been through some tough stuff these past few weeks. I, myself, have taken my blog a little too seriously as well. It was not until recently that I stopped and thought, "Hey this is just a hobby, I shouldn't stress over it so much". Well, this post here is to tell you that I am not a professional in anyway. My book "reviews" are not professional. I don't intend to make that my profession. I do them because I love reading and that's it. I don't aspire to go write some fancy review on the New York Times and whatnot. Seriously, I don't. If I aspire to something, it is to be a librarian. A children's/YA books librarian, to be exact. Yes, did you know that I can actually study that in college? I'd like to throw that out there to those who keep saying trash about the genres I enjoy. I read them because I love them AND I can end up helping kids in the future. :) I think I've made that clear countless times. Why do I point this out? Because I've noticed that some people in my college, to be exact, have been commenting about my "poor reviews". You know I do notice when you're familiar, right? It is very much noticeable, you know. Anyhow, that's it. I just blog for fun. But it hasn't been fun lately. In fact, I kind of cried a lot last night after receiving a bunch of negative comments about my Rant Video (on different places). I guess I'm not supposed to have an opinion, after all. Isn't Reading subjective though? I think I do have the right to rant when I DON'T enjoy a book or a genre. Or a literary movement, for that matter. So anyhow, this here post is to tell you that if you don't like the YA genre or any other genre I read and you still somehow lurk my blog and videos, please don't bother talking to me. You obviously don't respect my taste for books, and I find it rude to have to argue with anyone over something I do for fun-- especially on the internet.

Btw, I was channeling Kingsley in my Rant video. Look him up and you'll understand why I kept saying "Seriously" and such. I made that video for fun and it ended in something not fun.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Looking forward to...


I've heard only amazing things about it.

Looking forward to...


The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury - B&N Leatherbound
I've already read and loved this book. I just want this gorgeous edition. I NEED to get it after my book buying ban is over.

Currently Loving


The Legend of Korra
I am loving this show so much and it's not even officially out. Korra kicks ass though. She is awesome!

Looking forward to...


Getting a hardcover edition of Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift. That man is flawless imo.

Follow Me

Follow un3xpectedfate on Twitter Facebook

About Me

My Photo
Jennie
A Computer Science major. This is my blog for sharing my random thoughts on books, writing, studying, videogames, and more.
View my complete profile

Followers

My Book Blog

Looking forward to...


Dior Croisette Collection for Summer 2012 - Dior 5-Couleurs Croisette Edition (Warm)

Looking forward to...


The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics)
This collection will be mine someday. :)